hub Forums ASIA 1111: Avalon Class Real

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Figal-sensei
    Keymaster

What is “Class Real”? Would you want to go there? Why or why not?

Josh
    Participant

Class Real is the deepest level of Avalon. It is a place where only the most skilled players can go. It is also the true representation of Avalon. In legend, Avalon is an island paradise, and, compared to Ash’s real world, Class Real is definitely a paradise. That being said, I would all to quickly choose to go there if my reality consisted of a boring cycle of sepia. The coloring of their world made the movie hard to watch and perfectly accentuated the blandness of their world. We spend much of the movie bored out of our minds just watching Ash go through her everyday cycle of playing Avalon, riding a train, smoking, and drinking. The only relief the audience and Ash get from this cycle is her wonderful dog. That’s probably why the dog, the only thing she really loves and shows emotion for, is on the poster of Avalon in Class Real and why the posters no longer say “STOP”. It is meant to help blind Ash with the beauty of the game. In such a place where everyone’s life is consumed by this Avalon game, leaving them in similar monotonous cycles, it would be extremely easy to give up all the blandness to live in, quite literally, a place full of color, even if it is a false reality.

niahcharles
    Participant

That’s a great question. After all, what is “class real”? Is it any more “real” of a reality than the previous levels of Avalon? Is it any more “real” of a reality than the life that Ash was previously living? I don’t have any answers to these questions! Why is it called class “real”? Is it really real? In what sense is it real? I guess that’s pretty subjective. Like Josh said, “class real” seems like a paradise compared to the reality in which Ash had been living in up until this point. It’s completely new to her. It’s a different perspective; it’s unfamiliar territory.

Literally, “Class real” is the final level of Avalon, the final step before Nirvana?? I don’t know. It’s a complete change. I feel like the scene where Ash steps into “class real” is similar to the Truman show, when he finally realizes the falseness of everything he had truly known and thought was real. As Ash steps into “class real”, I feel like she’s probably wondering if the life she has always known and lived was ever truly “real”, or if she was in a virtual experience or reality the entire time. Or, is this “class real” still the virtual world? In what sense is it real?

I didn’t answer the questions that the prompt asked. I’m sorry! I’m still mind-boggled

Figal-sensei
    Keymaster

Indeed, Niah–it’s mind-boggling! We’ll try to unboggle minds in class.

Kevin Hu
    Participant

Class Real is namely the Class “SA,” the ultimate, and still yet testing, stage of the game Avalon. Class Real is named “Real” because it is programmed as an identical representation of the reality, including the perfect simulation of colors, figures, scenarios etc. Also, it is real to some extent because the players can really lose their lives in reality if they lose the game. However, most importantly, Class Real is the reality that people hope they will have: a perfect place to escape from the miserable reality as shown in the former part of the movie. Since players believe that their living experience shows no difference from that of reality, and they can have a better life in the Class Real. Why not continue to live in the “real” illusion? Class Real is not real, since when Murphy dies, his body turns into data. However, influenced by players’ subjectivity, it is confirmed to be real.

toddcs
    Participant

Class Real is supposedly what is known as the deepest level in the game, however one could question if it is in fact real, or instead just a projection created by those who have become catatonic due to Avalon. While it seems like an incredibly spectacular place as compared to Ash’s reality, it can also be observed that everyone who has ever entered the level has gone comatose, and although the viewer is led to believe that this is off of the basis of not being able to beat the level, it could also be that the level is only a dream. The entire game is set inside of a persons mind, prompting the question of, at which point do mind and game intertwine? Since it is impossible to truly see into Ash’s thoughts, the viewer cannot determine if Class Real is Ash’s paradise, but assuming it is, there is always the large possibility that she has become comatose, and the level has all been surmised inside of her mind, as opposed to being created by the game state.

Personally, I imagine everyone’s paradise to be different, but if Avalon was supposed to be mimicked off of my paradise, I imagine everyone would want to go there, regardless of if it’s in a game of just in someones mind.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.